Thursday, January 30, 2014

Attack of the Clones

Last night, my roommate and I were talking and I admitted to her how much I look up to her. I told her how I admired that she is real, and that when she walks in the room she fills it with that deeply pure and true spirit that is in her. I told her I wanted to be like that, adding, "but in my own way. We definitely don't need two of you."
This began a quite hilarious conversation about what each of our friends would be like with a clone of themselves. We laughed hysterically how some of them would argue with their clone, how they would handle relationships with a double, and we even agreed that my clone would become hyperactive while I am trying to go to sleep which would result in a nasty fit of rage (I do value my sleep.) We agreed that the clone would be exactly identical to the original person in thought, character, and personality, but that it could be in a different mood than the original. We eventually concluded that if each person had an exact double then the world would not be able to function and explode in some way. One of anyone is perfectly enough. "Thank God we are all individuals," I laughed.
But, after I said it, I realized I truly meant it! Looking up to someone you admire is wonderful, but never should you want to be like that person in a way that will make who you are cease to exist. Jesus came to give us life more abundantly, and I hold fast that this means through Him who you really are is awakened. I personally testify that I didn't know who I was until I found Jesus. Jesus made me emotional for a reason, just as he made some around me less emotional for a reason. We learn about Him from each other and see the world from different perspectives for His glory- created to fill a purpose that only we as individuals can.
Recognize who God made you, let what He didn't make you fall away, and be perfectly you. There is no one else who can do what He has designed you to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment